FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DO KIDS LEARN AT BANDWAGON? Good question!
1) Kids learn from instructors. Most new kids who come to Bandwagon take advantage of our Plus memberships which comes with a weekly private lesson from an instructor. This highly recommended for kids who are just starting out at BWMC.
2) Kids learn from each other. BWMC is designed to be a place where kids can interact and share knowledge with each other. We encourage this constantly.
3) Kids learn through observation. Much like a skate park, BWMC is a place for kids to show off their “tricks” to each other. Inevitably, they pick up new skills by watching other kids do it. Because of this, they collectively improve.
4) Kids learn through exploration. Traditional private lessons can be a rushed, stressful affair that are usually limited by lack of equipment, space and time. Because of BWMC’s extensive gear collection, ample jam space, and relaxed atmosphere, kids are free to learn at their own pace and try out lots of new equipment. Best of all, they get to explore the space and gear with other kids, forging new friendships in the process.
5) Kids learn through application. BWMC is committed to providing lots of opportunities for the kids to take their newly acquired skills to the stage. We host a regular monthly showcase at Kapaa Art Walk as well lots of other one-off events at BWMC. Impromptu concerts by the kids for each other are a regular occurrence at BWMC during membership hours and can happen at any time!
DO YOU OFFER TRADITIONAL PRIVATE LESSONS?
Absolutely! For our members, weekly private lessons are available as an add-on to any membership package. Private lessons for non-members (including young kids and adults) are also available by appointment. Call or text 808.634.4040 to schedule your lesson.
DO YOU HAVE A SHUTTLE?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer help with transportation at this time. The good news is that we are a very short walk from the Eiwa Street Kauai Bus stop in Lihue and the Kilauea Gym bus stop in Kilauea. Many of our members are now riding the Kauai Bus straight to Bandwagon!
WHAT ABOUT YOUNG KIDS AND ADULTS?
Our main program is geared for older kids ages 8-17, and we do not have any group programs for little kids or adults at this time. However, we are happy to schedule private bookings for individuals or groups. Just give us a call!
IF I AM A MEMBER, WHEN CAN I COME?
Membership hours are Monday – Friday from 2:00-6:00pm in Lihue and Tue/Thu from 2:30-6pm in Kilauea. All other hours by appointment only.
CAN MEMBERS BRING A FRIEND?
Definitely! All new members will receive one free DayPass for a friend. After that, your friend will need to buy a DayPass, but since they are with you and you are a member, they’ll get a discount!
IS THERE ANY STRUCTURE OR IS IT JUST A FREE FOR ALL?
Both. We try hard to make BWMC a place that kids want to be so we take a relatively low-key approach. That said, each kid is issued a “Level Up” folder with challenges to complete on the various instruments. Throughout the day, a handful of BWMC music mentors roam the floor looking for ways to engage the kids by showing them a new riff, helping them write a song, organizing a group jam or helping them complete a “Level Up” challenge.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We thought you’d never ask! Click HERE to download a PDF document of our membership options and pricing.
ANY DISCOUNTS FOR FAMILIES?
Yes! We have several discounted options available for families enrolling 3 or more kids. Click HERE to download a PDF for details.
WHAT IF MY KID CAN ONLY COME 1-2 DAYS A WEEK?
We offer a several different membership packages based on estimated use. We also have DayPasses for those who can only make it in occasionally.