FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DO KIDS LEARN AT BANDWAGON? Good question!
1) Kids learn from instructors. Most new kids who come to Bandwagon take a weekly private lesson from an instructor. This highly recommended for kids who are just starting out at BWMC.
2) Kids learn from each other. BWMC is designed to be a place where kids can interact and share knowledge with each other. We encourage this constantly.
3) Kids learn through observation. Much like a skate park, BWMC is a place for kids to show off their “tricks” to each other. Inevitably, they pick up new skills by watching other kids do it. Because of this, they collectively improve.
4) Kids learn through exploration. Because of BWMC’s extensive gear collection, ample jam space, and relaxed atmosphere, BWMC members are free to learn at their own pace and try out lots of new equipment. Best of all, they get to explore the space and gear with other kids, forging new friendships in the process.
5) Kids learn through application. BWMC is committed to providing lots of opportunities for the kids to take their newly acquired skills to the stage. We host a regular monthly showcase at Bandwagon Music Center called the House Party. We also facilitate concerts by the kids out in the community on a regular basis.
DO YOU OFFER TRADITIONAL PRIVATE LESSONS?
Absolutely! Private lessons are available for all ages and skill levels. and are booked by appointment. Call or text (808) 634-BWMC to schedule your lesson.
DO YOU HAVE A SHUTTLE?
Yes. We have recently added shuttle service one day a week from select schools. However space is very limited. For older kids, we reccomend the Kauai Bus which will bring you right to our Kukui Grove Center location from just about anywhere on the island.
WHAT ABOUT YOUNG KIDS AND ADULTS?
While our membership program is geared for older kids ages 8-17, private lessons are an option for anyone. For adults, we also offer rehearsal space rentals and recording studio services.
IF I AM A MEMBER, WHEN CAN I COME?
Membership hours are Monday – Friday from 2:00-6:00pm at our Lihue location. Our Kilauea outpost is strictly private lessons. Drop
CAN MEMBERS BRING A FRIEND?
Definitely! Members are welcome to bring a friend to Bandwagon. They may bring the same friend up to 3 times.
IS THERE ANY STRUCTURE OR IS IT JUST A FREE FOR ALL?
Both. We try hard to make BWMC a place that kids want to be so we take a relatively low-key approach. That said, each kid is issued a “Level Up” folder with challenges to complete on the various instruments. Throughout the day, a handful of BWMC music mentors roam the floor looking for ways to engage the kids by showing them a new riff, helping them write a song, organizing a group jam or helping them complete a “Level Up” challenge.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
You’ll find our pricing under our SERVICES tab at the top of this page.
ANY DISCOUNTS FOR FAMILIES?
Yes! Let us know what your needs are and we will work with you to make it happen.
WHAT IF MY KID CAN ONLY COME 1-2 DAYS A WEEK?
We offer a several different membership packages based on estimated use. Please visit our Membership page under the SERVICES menu.